Why a women's bicycle is better.
We are all created unique. Our bicycles should be designed for our differences. Many bike companies only repaint men's bikes and call them "women's-specific." We choose only the brands, such as Specialized, who design everything about the bike just for women. These truly women's-specific features include:
- Frame lengths are fitted to longer legs & shorter torsos
- Frame material is lighter (women's bikes should be lighter than men's!)
- Handlebars are narrower for narrower shoulders
- Road handlebars have tighter curves
- Saddles shapes are defined
Attention to detail.
Women's bicycles have accessories and parts which are easy to use, more comfortable, and lighter.
- Saddle textures & padding are fine tuned
- Handlebar grips & bar tape use different textures & rubber types
- Brake levers are set closer for smaller hands
- Suspension is softer for less aggressive & lighter riders
- Grips are thinner for smaller hands